[Geany] Max open files?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun May 2 21:48:03 UTC 2010

On Sun, 02 May 2010 17:50:27 +0200, m8847 wrote:

>>> But, I normally have most of my file open in my projects. This is a
>>> problem, since there seams to be a limit around 95(?) files that are
>>> re-opened when one is starting Geany.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to up this value?
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> There is no fixed limit, could you provide more information on what
>version
>> of Geany, Operating system and version, gtk and glib versions (use
>> geany -v)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Lex
>
>Aha, interesting!
>
>On my laptop geany -v gives me;
>Geany 0.18.1, GTK+ 2.18.9, GLib 2.22.5

Weird.
Long time ago, there was a stupid limit of 25 files. Yes, that was
stupid and we removed that limit :).
Then there was basically no more real limit except that in the
configuration file only 100 files were stored, that was sort of a bug
and has been fixed some time ago (long before Geany 0.18, in July 2008).

So, if you are using Geany 0.18, you likely found a new bug :(.
Could you provide your ~/.config/geany/geany.conf either here on the
list or to me via private mail, whatever you prefer.
Oh, and the full output of the Help->Debug Messages window after you
started Geany with files which were not re-opened as expected.

Thanks.