[Geany] geany 0.18 project creation

Steve . iteration69 at xxxxx
Mon Mar 29 17:57:21 UTC 2010

Hi,
I have an existing project base that includes hundreds of projects. Each
project has numerous files. I've managed to get one of the smallest projects
working with geany, but when i moved the project from a "work-in-progress"
directory to a "working" directory and then attempted to open the project I
found that geany did not open the files and it also seems to have deleted
the contents of the project file(it lost the list of files used in the
project).
Now I'm back at sqaure one trying to port my projects into geany. When i
attempt to create a new project geany claims to have created the project
file(via message in lower left corner that reads Project "test" created).
But it is not to be found in the project base directory i have selected.
Using project / new  from the menu has a dialog that seems odd to me.
Name, Filename, Basepath.
Name and Filename seem to be of the same atm.
Can anyone shed any light on porting a project into geany or a general
theory of how a project is created.
--
I tried 0.18.1 to find that the syntax highlighter files i created will not
work so using the latest version is not likely atm.