[Geany] folding eating blank lines

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Sat Mar 6 09:11:10 UTC 2010

On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 09:40:09 +0100%
spir <denis.spir at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In python mode, folding eats blank lines _after_ ther end of a
> section. For instance:
>
> - def foo():
> |     print 'a'
> |     print 'b'
> |     print 'c'
>
>   # The blank line above will be folded with the func.
>
> This is rather annoying for it eats visual separations:
>
>   # tool funcs
> + def foo()
> + def bar()
> + def baz()
>
>   # The blank line above is eaten, unfortunately.
>   # constants
>   A = '1'
>   B = '2'
>
> Is there a way to configurate this behaviour? If not, is there a
> chance to have a parameter, or to have it changed, in the future?
>
> Denis

Hi.

I notices this behaviour some months ago and posted a patch to
Scintilla [1]. It was included to Scintilla's trunk, so it has been a
part of official Scintilla releases since 2.0. Someone of the Geany
developers will have to poll LexPython.cxx from there to fix the bug
you described.

Actually, I think that would be better if there was a tradition to poll
all Scintilla releases to Geany, so users won't need to deal with
already fixed Scintilla bugs.

Best regards,
Eugene.

[1] <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=210240&group_id=2439&atid=102439>