[Geany] Custom filetypes

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Mon Jun 21 13:00:13 UTC 2010

On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 13:16:55 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > * Created a filetype.oberon file with settings adapted from filetype.pascal and the
>
> Have you read the manual?

No, I have no time to lose with reading ;-)

> you need to call the file filetypes.Foo.conf.

> > Compilation works, which proves the filetype is taken into account; but syntax highlighting does not at all (all test remains in default style). Help/pointer welcome.
>
> Is the filetype listed in the Document menu? That is proof whether the
> filetype is added or not.

Right, the type is listed there, I can set it to an Oberon file (this does not happen automagically, even if Oberon file extensions are listed in filetype_extensions.conf), compile, run: all fine.
But there is still no syntax highlighting; the whole code appears in default style. But this is _my_ customized default, which means something is taken into account (files of unknown type are rendered with no style at all, black on white).

Denis