[Geany] dark background persistent in print-outs

daspostloch daspostloch at xxxxx
Sat Jun 19 11:43:07 UTC 2010

 > Just want to try to reproduce it: Which version of geany are you
 > using?

Work Desktop:
-------------

  $ geany --version
geany 0.18 (built on Aug 17 2009 with GTK 2.14.7, GLib 2.18.4)
  $ uname -a
Linux xxx 2.6.32-trunk-686 #1 SMP Sun Jan 10 06:32:16 UTC 2010 i686
GNU/Linux

Work Notebook:
--------------
  $ geany --version
geany 0.19 (built on Jun 12 2010 with GTK 2.20.1, GLib 2.24.1)
  $ uname -a
Linux xxx 2.6.33-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu May 13 11:32:37 CEST 2010
x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

This happens when printing to paper, to file, or even in
print preview. Below is my filetypes.cpp. Thanks for looking
into it. As a quick fix, I replaced filetypes.d with
/usr/share/geany/filetypes.d (since I dont program in D
I can thence still enjoy approx. correct syntax highlighting
in the printout), copy and paste to a new file, save it as
printme.d and print from there. Additionally, I temporarily
adjust the font size in Edit->Preferences->Interface,
because the printing export does not pick up the reduced
font size if I just zoom out via Ctrl+- in the editor.

Best, Paul

--------------
filetypes.cpp:
--------------

# For complete documentation of this file, please see Geany's main
documentation
[styling]
# foreground;background;bold;italic
default=0x51a800;0x000000;false;false
comment=0xa66c00;0x000000;false;false
commentline=0xa66c00;0x000000;false;false
commentdoc=0xa66c00;0x000000;false;false
number=0x51a800;0x000000;false;false
word=0x009871;0x000000;false;false
word2=0xd900ff;0x000000;true;false
string=0xb8b500;0x000000;false;false
character=0xb8b500;0x000000;false;false
uuid=0x00ff44;0x000000;false;false
preprocessor=0xffffff;0x000000;false;false
operator=0x51a800;0x000000;false;false
identifier=0x51a800;0x000000;false;false
stringeol=0x51a800;0x000000;false;false
verbatim=0x51a800;0x000000;false;false
regex=0x00ffdd;0x000000;false;false
commentlinedoc=0xa66c00;0x000000;false;false
commentdockeyword=0xa66c00;0x000000;false;false
commentdockeyworderror=0xa66c00;0x000000;false;false
globalclass=0xb8b500;0x000000;true;false
# whether arguments of preprocessor commands should be styled (only
first argument is used)
# 1 to enable, 0 to disable
styling_within_preprocessor=1;0;false;false

[keywords]
# all items must be in one line
primary=and and_eq asm auto bitand bitor bool break case catch char
class compl const const_cast continue default delete do double
dynamic_cast else enum explicit export extern false float for friend
goto if inline int long mutable namespace new not not_eq operator or
or_eq private protected public register reinterpret_cast return short
signed sizeof static static_cast struct switch template this throw true
try typedef typeid typename union unsigned using virtual void volatile
wchar_t while xor xor_eq
secondary=
# these are some doxygen keywords (incomplete)
docComment=attention author brief bug class code date def enum example
exception file fn namespace note param remarks return see since struct
throw todo typedef var version warning union

[settings]
# default extension used when saving files
#extension=cpp

# the following characters are these which a "word" can contains, see
documentation
#wordchars=_abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ0123456789

# if only single comment char is supported like # in this file, leave
comment_close blank
comment_open=//
comment_close=
# this is an alternative way, so multiline comments are used
#comment_open=/*
#comment_close=*/

# set to false if a comment character/string should start at column 0 of
a line, true uses any
# indentation of the line, e.g. setting to true causes the following on
pressing CTRL+d
	#command_example();
# setting to false would generate this
#	command_example();
# This setting works only for single line comments
comment_use_indent=false

# context action command (please see Geany's main documentation for details)
context_action_cmd=

[build_settings]
# %f will be replaced by the complete filename
# %e will be replaced by the filename without extension
# (use only one of it at one time)
compiler=g++ -Wall -c "%f"
linker=g++ -Wall -o "%e" "%f"
run_cmd="./%e"