[Geany] Run command variable for the full filename including path

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sat Jan 30 12:17:49 UTC 2010

On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 12:53:29 +0100
Didier Corbière <marsender at free.fr> wrote:

> Sorry, here is the thread again, but in plain text,

I think most of users don't care about the multipart message ;)

> I would like to run a project command with the full filename,
> including it's path.
> I only find this variables available to run commands:
>
>     * %f -- complete filename without path
>     * %e -- filename without path and without extension
>
> Could you tell me which variable can be used for a full filename,
> including it's path ?

Which version of Geany are you using?
Inside current svn version it should be possible by combining %d and %f
in a good way. But this has been introduced after 0.18 so not yet
available inside a stable release.

If you are running 0.18 or below I'd suggest to use a make file and set
up a special target for your action so you could call it by make
some_fancy_action or by using the make custom target menu item.

Hope this helps,
Frank
--
http://frank.uvena.de/en/