[Geany] Problem with Save As...

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Feb 28 11:26:33 UTC 2010

On Sun, 28 Feb 2010 01:47:22 +0100, Frank wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 18:32:58 -0300
>Alain Mouette <alainm at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I came across a bug that may have gone un-noticed: I have to edit a
>> file and save it repeatedely (20-30 times) in a very big directoty
>> with about 1500 files.
>
>Does the files have some special thing or just a normal folder with
>1500 normal, let's say text files?
>
>> Once the save file dialog opens, the time it takes to show the file
>> names gets bigger every time, it gets to several secons after only
>> 6-10 saves. If I close and reopen Geany, the time goes back to
>> "almost un-noticeable".
>>
>> Please can someone test this to confirm?
>>
>> I am using 0.18.1 compiled from geany-0.18.1.tar.gz from the
>> download page. Using Kubuntu 8.04.2 (Freshly re-installed)
>
>Which version of GTK are you using here?

The Save As dialog is a stock GTK dialog only with a few extensions by
Geany. But the view of files and folders is completely read and
rendered by GTK, we can't influence this.
So your whole problem is rather a GTK bug than Geany.

Could you file an appropriate bug report on bugzilla.gnome.org please?