[Geany] [ANNOUNCEMENT] website rework

Dominic Hopf dmaphy at xxxxx
Fri Feb 19 18:36:07 UTC 2010

Am Freitag, den 19.02.2010, 08:51 +1300 schrieb Andy Elvey:
> Frank Lanitz wrote:
> > spir wrote:

> >> Sorry, I cannot see any difference on my computer (with ubuntu 8.10 + firefox 3.5.8). The backgroud is still white.
> >>

> > I think this might could be caused by the used theme as this is also
> > setting from time to time background color depending on use browser etc.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Frank
> >
> Heh... I'll be the third person to mention a preference for a non-white
> background.... ;)
>
> It still seems to be white for me as well.  I use a dark-gray colour as
> default background,
> but I switched back to the default FF colors, then went to the Geany
> site.  It was a brilliant white.... :(
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 9.10 and FF 3.6
>
> Maybe try a dark gray?
> - Andy

To make sure what we are talking about I made a screenshot and uploaded
it at [1]. I actually changed the content area containing the text (the
welcome message on the screenshot) from white to a light gray in hope it
won't hurt your eyes that much when reading the text. Accordingly I
changed the navigation sidebar on the left and the site header
containing the Geany icon and the search field to a darker gray so the
percentage between content area and sidebar/header stays the same.

Do you also wish the padding areas on the left and right to be changed
to something darker?

Regards,
Dominic

[1] http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=bildschirmfoto-1h444.png

--
Dominic Hopf <dmaphy at googlemail.com>

http://dominichopf.de/

Key Fingerprint:
A7DF C4FC 07AE 4DDC 5CA0 BD93 AAB0 6019 CA7D 868D