[Geany] coroutines under geanylua

Timothy Boronczyk tboronczyk at xxxxx
Fri Feb 12 02:04:18 UTC 2010

I guess I misunderstood coroutines then. Apparently Lua only has
"asymmetric coroutines" typically usable as generators? I did see
http://www.lua.org/pil/9.4.html which talks about emulating
multi-threading by managing several coroutines which always yield,
though I suspect the dispatcher's execution would still block Geany
with that approach. Either way, thanks Jeff and Lex.

While not the most elegant solution, I'll script a wrapper around the
commands which will be responsible for alerting the user once the task
has completed. Then I'll invoke the wrapper from the plug-in with
geany.launch( ).

-Tim