[Geany] Pascal keywords - Re: Several keyword styles per filetype

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Feb 11 17:54:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:41:31 +0100
Wolfram Kläger <wolfram.klaeger at web.de> wrote:

> The manual should make clear, that users are not supposed to edit
> anything within the [keywords] section of filetypes.*.

You can edit existing sets of keywords, you just can't add your own
ones.

> By trial and error, I figured out, that it is useless to modify or
> extend the preset list of keywords, apparently a very rough subset of
> the Pascal.API list of Scite, according to
>
> http://scite-interest.googlegroups.com/web/pascal.api
>
> With Geany, standard constants, variables and types like Boolean,
> Integer etc. are missing. As well as standard functions and procedures.

As only one keyword set is supported, I don't think you want
functions/procedures/variables highlighted the same as keywords, but
maybe we could add the standard types. Do you want to make a patch?

> Taking into account all the compiler-specific peculiarities, e.g. Delphi
> vs. FreePascal, is there any chance to see a forthcoming Geany version,
> that will support user-editable keyword lists?

This is already supported - see above.

If you want to request other keyword styles at the Scintilla project,
go ahead.

Regards,
Nick