[Geany] Several keyword styles per filetype

Wolfram Kläger wolfram.klaeger at xxxxx
Thu Feb 11 10:26:27 UTC 2010

Am 10.02.2010 13:23, schrieb Nick Treleaven:

> There is only the 'primary' keyword set there, so for Pascal there is
> only one keyword set possible, hence no word2 style.

Thanks for confirmation.

> http://www.geany.org/manual/dev/index.html#keywords-section
>
> What else should we add?

Nothing. I just couldn't believe it. But probably somebody has some
reason to restrict this or that language this or that way.

As mentioned above, EditPlus has a charming simple and universal
solution. To whomever it may concern, have a look and see, how easy it
is to provide any number of stylings for any filetype, including a
user-defined set of consistent stylenames.

I don't know Scintilla, didn't even notice, that Geany depends from it.
But maybe there is a chance to unify all these lexers by one and only
one set of generic styles. Since, at least as I know various programming
and scripting languages, they differ in appropriate stylenames, but not
in the number of usefully applicable styles.

Wolfram