[Geany] Bug in search

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Feb 10 17:13:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 17:21:29 +0100
Daniel Milde <info at milde.cz> wrote:

> I just found interesting bug, when Geany outputs whole file into search
> results.
>
> Steps to reproduce:
> 1) Place the attached file in some directory.
> 2) Try 'search in files' in that directory. Search for keyword
> 'ini_set'.
> 3) Whole file should appear in messages/search results.

Strange. This may be a grep bug. If I run the command:
grep ini_set *

from a terminal then the whole file is not shown like in Geany, but
even so the lines don't seem to be correct matching lines.

What's even stranger is that ack and pcregrep also have this problem
and the file seems to be UTF-8.

Aha - just tried looking at the file with less/cat and it seems there
may be strange line endings. This is confusing grep.

Regards,
Nick

P.S. BTW your email should have been in a new thread - it's not a reply.