[Geany] Several keyword styles per filetype

Wolfram Kläger wolfram.klaeger at xxxxx
Tue Feb 9 19:45:45 UTC 2010

Am 09.02.2010 17:29, schrieb Nick Treleaven:

> BTW, Named styles are just names to use instead of style values in each
> of the filetypes.foo files.

Yes. I feel like having understood this.

> It depends on the filetype lexer used for syntax highlighting. Some
> support more than one keyword set. Have a look at the system filetype
> to see what entries are listed under keywords, those are the only ones
> you can override.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to understand this. I tried to twiddle
the filetypes.pascal settings. Looking at the original file, the style
list is

[styling]
> # foreground;background;bold;italic
> default=0x000000;0xffffff;false;false
> identifier=0x000000;0xffffff;false;false
> comment=0xd00000;0xffffff;false;false
> comment2=0x3f5fbf;0xffffff;false;false
> commentline=0xd00000;0xffffff;false;false
> preprocessor=0x007f7f;0xffffff;false;false
> preprocessor2=0x007f7f;0xffffff;false;false
> number=0x007F00;0xffffff;false;false
> hexnumber=0x007F00;0xffffff;false;false
> word=0x111199;0xffffff;true;false
> string=0xff901e;0xffffff;false;false
> stringeol=0x000000;0xe0c0e0;false;false
> character=0x404000;0xffffff;false;false
> operator=0x301010;0xffffff;false;false
> asm=0x804080;0xffffff;false;false

I am allowed to adjust the style "word", but I am not allowed to
introduce a new line

word2=0xsomething

right?

If I was a C programmer, for instance, I were lucky and could adjust
both predefined styles, "word" and "word2", right?

If it's that easy, just throw a couple of

word*....

lines in all filetype specs, please!

But don't forget to update the manual, how I am supposed to assign these
styles in my [keywords] section :)

Wolfram