[Geany] pasting into phpdoc

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Dec 9 20:56:57 UTC 2010

2010/12/6 Krzysztof Żelechowski <giecrilj at stegny.2a.pl>:

> Lex Trotman wrote:
>

>>> So far so good.  But that the same trick does not work with paste:
>>
>> No, because all the text is pasted first then the lexer is run to
>> decide how it should be highlighted.  So when the return is pasted it
>> doesn't know that its part of a multiline comment.  To make it work,
>> you would have to paste a character, run the lexer, paste a character,
>> run the lexer etc for each character in the paste text which would
>> make it unacceptably slow for large pastes.
>>

> Then I suggest adding a "Paste Special" menu command to do just that.
> Documentation comments are not that long, and the need to fill in the
> missing prefixes is very distracting.
>
> Can you offer any advice on reformatting paragraphs in this prefixed mode?

A version of copy which removes prefixes or indents and a version of
paste which adds them back on to match the paste point would be useful
for code reformatting, but the variations between languages mean it
probably should be provided by plugins tailored for specific
languages.

Any such plugins welcome.