[Geany] Very slow file saving over SSH

Jake Subs subs at xxxxx
Sun Aug 8 16:15:44 UTC 2010

2010/8/5 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Thu, 5 Aug 2010 18:19:19 +0100, Jake wrote:
> Still I'm wondering why it seems so much slower to you than Gedit's
> saving. Can you try to do some tests on the command line with
> 'cp' and 'gvfs-cp', 'cp' uses libc, 'gvfs-cp' uses GIO.

I can see that I need to copy files from the server to locally to get
a valid comparison. But not knowing much at all about the command
line, how do I actually use `cp` and `gvfs-cp` to copy files from one
server to another?!?

If I SSH onto remote server, then it's as if I'm on that machine. Do I
use SFTP commands (which uses an SSH connection)?

Yours, in ignorance, Jake