[Geany] Very slow file saving over SSH

Jake Subs subs at xxxxx
Sat Aug 7 18:23:21 UTC 2010

2010/8/5 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> Can you try to do some tests on the command line with
> 'cp' and 'gvfs-cp', 'cp' uses libc, 'gvfs-cp' uses GIO.

Will do -- is there a simple way to log how long files take to copy?
I'm not very au fait with the command line.

>>Slighty OT, but is there a way to actually _pay_ a developer to do the
> I personally don't like paid features very much but this is just me.

I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people wouldn't like it. A friend
helps organise a volunteer-run arts cinema, and there has been great
controversy over paying some people and not others.

If the whole model is based upon voluntary work, then any introduction
of filthy lucre may upset the apple cart.

I was just thinking of a way to re-direct money paid for software
licenses by educational institutions over to Free Software. Oddly
enough, many organisations feel happier if they can pay for something.