[Geany] UNindent close of statement

Doug Darrow dsdarrow01 at xxxxx
Mon Aug 2 00:19:54 UTC 2010

> Unfortunately Scintila which is the editing component used by Geany
> does not allow any distinction between types of operators.  To add
> this you would have to edit the C++ code in Scintilla that parses the
> file for highlighting.

What I'd like to be able to do is have Geany UNindent a line that closes
a statement in Lua .. i.e.

if x > 1 then
   y = 5
else
   y = 2
end  -- automatically Unindent the 'end'

I know this can be done in Scintilla and SciTE has a set of properties
that does this as well as some other editors that use scintilla but see
no way to specify using certain keywords as such a do and end only the
more standard operators like {} and (). Can this be done in Geany?

--
~Doug
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning