[Geany] HIghlighting questions

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+tools at xxxxx
Sun Aug 1 22:44:54 UTC 2010

Dominic Hopf wrote:

> Am Sonntag, den 01.08.2010, 22:16 +1000 schrieb Erik de Castro Lopo:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > For my highlighting C code, I'd like to have open and close curly
> > braces a different colour to the parentheses, square braces and
> > other stuff.
> >
> > Is this possible?
>
> Sure, you just need to edit your
> ~/.config/geany/filedefs/filetypes.common accordingly. If see comments
> there aren't enough for you, there are also some hints in the manual
> about that file at [1].

I've played around quite extensively with a custom filetypes.common
and read that section of the manual.

What I'd like is to have curly braces a different colour than
parentheses/square braces and I don't see a way to do that. It
seems that all three of thes braces/parentheses have the colour
specified for 'operator'. Maybe I've missed something.

Cheers,
Erik