[Geany] Customization questions

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at xxxxx
Sun Aug 1 12:48:02 UTC 2010

Hi Lex,

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 2:37 PM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> I actually don't think it is possible to remove a standard menu from a
> plugin at the moment.

Ok.

>> Ok, I've done that. I have configured a custom shell
>> (/usr/bin/python). How do I run it now?
>
> It will run next time you start Geany, i've got the >>> prompt now.

Are you sure I don't have to do anything else? Maybe something like
View > Terminal or something? I don't see any terminal. I am sure that
there is an option somewhere to hide or show the terminal.

Hmm... I just found View > Show Message Window and that has a tab for
Terminal. Is this what you guys have been talking about? So it's not
really a separate window but part of the current window. Is that
right?

> VTE is a GTK widget so theoretically it should be able to be usable on
> windows but you may have to compile it yourself.

Ok.

> Depends on the version, 0.19 added a lot of functionality to the
> configurability of the build menu, last entry in the menu "set build
> commands"

I have 0.18. My version says "Set Includes and Arguments", but you can
enter Perl-specific commands for "Compile" and "Execute". I prefer the
"Set Build Commands" from 0.19.

Daniel.
--
Intolerant people should be shot.