[Geany] Customization questions

Daniel Carrera dcarrera at xxxxx
Sun Aug 1 12:35:35 UTC 2010

I have a new customization question.

Background: Here is a feature I really like about Geany: When you are
in HTML or PHP mode, and you type "<table>", Geany not only closes the
table tag, but it fills the table with a blank row and cell:

Notice how it is already indented and everything.

Now, what I want is for Geany to do something similar with curly
brackets. Suppose I type some if-statement:

if (2 > 1) {

The moment I type the open curly bracket, I would like Geany to put a
closing bracket two lines down and add an indentation to the space
between the brackets:

if (2 > 1) {
        <indented>
}

Is something like this possible?

The way Geany behaves currently is slightly annoying. Yes, it closes
the bracket, like this:

if (2 > 1) {}

And when I press "Enter" Geany just goes one line down and indents the bracket:

if (2 > 1) {
        }

This is never what I want. So I just end up de-activating the bracket
completion for curly brackets because what Geany does is more annoying
than useful. But it would be really great if it could do what I
actually want:

if (2 > 1) {
        <indented>
}