[Geany] RFC: removed Tabs and Spaces 'Hard tab width' pref

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Fri Apr 30 08:25:25 UTC 2010

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:55:32 +0100
Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

> > Why that? If such a user install a new geany, he will get another
> > behaviour of the indentation code. So why not print a warning while
> > migrating an old configuration file and than remove it?
>
> You can't migrate a non-standard *hard* tab width setting.

I think I don't understand what are planing to do. Do you want to
silently use the old "non-standard *hard* tab width setting"? IMO this
isn't a good idea. So, if you ignore this old seting, it shouldn't be
ignored silently.

> > What I'm really missing are the emacs modelines.
>
> This is another subject. Try posting in a new thread.

I currently have no spare time. But as soon as I have the time, I plan to
write a plugin or a LUA script to add modelines and timestamps (search
for the sequence "Time-Stamp:" inside the first comment/lines and insert
the date+time behind it). One point inside a huge TODO list. ;-)

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>