[Geany] Expanding symbol tree on saving

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Apr 25 09:31:44 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:41:48 +0200, Filip wrote:

Hi,

>Every time I save my code, symbol tree is full expanded. Could this be
>somehow changed? I often expand only one or two classes on which I
>work at the moment and all the other are closed, because otherwise
>there is too much content to fit into a window and when I have
>expanded only those two, they fit in just well.

well, we do explicitly expand the tree after saving because otherwise
it would be completely collapsed. That wouldn't be better at all.

So, we basically would need to save the expansion state of the tree
before saving and restore it after saving (the tree is rebuilt during
the Save operation). Though restoring the state can be problematic
because symbols may have been changed, added or removed. Though it
should be possible to get it restored mainly, at least.

If anyone wants to work on this, patches are welcome :).