[Geany] win32_show_file_dialog error

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 8 21:20:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 14:26:36 -0400, Timothy wrote:

>> Do you really like the native Windows dialog that much more than the
>> (IMO) more powerful GTK dialogs?
>

>OMG Yes! The GTK dialogs ares too limiting. I can't do file management

ok, ok, :)

>better in Windows, breadcrumb navigation SUCKS when you're working on
>the same file in side-by-side directories/branches, etc. It's actually
>one of the few refreshing things when I'm using the Windows laptop...
>and I would even go as far to say the Windows dialog should be default
>on the windows builds!

Not sure. We had this in the past, then we chose to use the native GTK
dialogs on Windows as well. That's why that compile-time option exists.

I'll try to fix the issue soon so it will compile again.

What we could do is making the choice of the dialogs not a compile-time
option but a runtime-option. And maybe add a GUI preference for it so
more users get the ability to actually decide which dialogs they want
(I guess most of the Windows users don't compile Geany theirselves :D).