[Geany] win32_show_file_dialog error

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Wed Apr 7 23:34:06 UTC 2010

Am 07.04.2010 22:58, schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 23:02:03 -0400, Timothy wrote:
>

>> After upgrading my laptop and attempting to compile Geany from svn on
>> Windows with GEANY_USE_WIN32_DIALOG set to 1 in geany.h, I encountered
>> the following compile error:
>>
>> dialogs.c: In function `dialogs_show_save_as':
>> dialogs.c:553: error: too few arguments to function
>> `win32_show_file_dialog' dialogs.c:553: warning: assignment makes
>> integer from pointer without a cast make[1]: *** [dialogs.o] Error 1
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/Data/geany-svn/src'
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>>
>> I have not been able to trace through the code yet to devise a patch.
>> Any thoughts?
>>
> I broke that code several weeks ago. I'm not sure it's worth fixing it
> as we would need to rewrite the Save As dialog again (I dropped the
> previous code in favour of more easily readable and maintable code).
>
> While I did this, I intended to write a mail whether we should drop the
> GEANY_USE_WIN32_DIALOG flag with all its related conditional,
> potentially broken code. But obviously I forgot to do.
>
> Do you really like the native Windows dialog that much more than the
> (IMO) more powerful GTK dialogs?
>
> Regards,
> Enrico

I personally thinks the gtk file chooser sucks compared to the windows'
one (at least for windows 7) and I would like to keep the choice. But if
it's too difficult to maintain I can live without it, I don't code very
much under windows anyway (mostly only when my uni professors force me
to do so :p )

What's the hard part about maintaining it?

Best regards.