[Geany] VBScript keywords - Re: Patch for setting default scripting language in ASP

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Wed Sep 30 15:21:03 UTC 2009

Nick Treleaven wrote:

>Thanks, the setting seems to work OK. But keywords don't get coloured -
>did they used to?

Keywords, comments, string constants, script delimiters, script
directives and everything else show up with different colours when in
VBScript mode (on my configuration, that's: blue, grey, green, dark
green, dark green, and brown). When Geany thinks script means
JavaScript, nearly everything is blue except string constants and
lowercase keywords in common with JScript.

>The attached patch seems to fix that, but I'm not
>sure if the change affects other colouring too.

The one you picked was embedded VBScript (? maybe <script>...</script>
blocks?) not ASP VBScript which is the next block; see attached patch.

As above, but with different colours (meaning I needed to fiddle with my
filetypes.xml again :)

cheers,
Ross
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"There is more to life than simply increasing its speed." - Gandhi