[Geany] Geany on OS X, extension "RANDR" and symlink error?

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Sep 30 11:25:43 UTC 2009

Hi,

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 21:07:58 +0200
Juergen Potzkoten <gurubuster at googlemail.com> wrote:

> - Is the Xlib: ... error the critical error?  If yes, how can I fix it?
>
>   ...Google tells me that this error is not critical, but I get no Geany
> Program Window at all, so I can't really believe that this behaviour should
> be ignored...so far I found no solution for the RANDR error, I updated X11
> core files, but the error keeps poping up...*sigh*

First, I don't really know anything about OSX, so any input from
someone with it would be helpful.

RANDR seems to me to be referring to libXrandr.so[.VERSION] (or
similar), which is a shared library that my Fedora Linux GTK library is
linked to. So I guess that the GTK library you downloaded(?) depends on
an X library file that isn't on your system.

To confirm this, if you have ldd, you can run:
ldd /usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0

Where that path is the path to the GTK shared library. Paste the output
here. On my system I get:
        libXrandr.so.2 => /usr/lib/libXrandr.so.2 (0x00a11000)

If I'm right, you would either need to download the Xrandr
module or download/build a GTK library that doesn't depend on it (not
sure if the latter is possible for X backend).

It could be that your X library is too old, and that's why the module
is missing.

Regards,
Nick