[Geany] Patch for setting default scripting language in ASP

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Sun Sep 27 12:13:54 UTC 2009

Nick Treleaven wrote:

>> ># default scripting language for ASP set to VBScript
>> ># 0x000001 = JavaScript (or leave blank for default)
>> ># 0x000002 = VBScript
>> ># 0x000003 = Python
>> >html_asp_default_language=0x000002
>
>I think this should be an integer setting, not hex.

It's overloading the syntax highlight styling settings to pass a simple
integer setting into the language config to be stored in the array of
GeanyLexerStyle style configs. This alleviates the need to extend the
config structure to support arbitrary key/value setting pairs. It's a
hack, but it's the simplest hack I could see that doesn't mess with the
existing structure.

If you start getting a few of these, you might want to reconsider the
structure of StyleSet. ITMT, dirty hacks win :)

Um, so yes, it needs to be hex.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"The chief cause of problems is solutions" -Eric Sevareid