[Geany] Syntax highlighting of keywords with spaces

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Sep 25 13:43:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

Geany uses the Scintilla editing component which provides the lexers
that parse the source for colourising.

AFAICT the Perl lexer does nothing but simple word comparison for
keywords (see LexPerl.cxx in the src/scintilla directory of Geany).

So someone would have to modify the Perl lexer to use regular
expressions instead.

Also Geany tries to use scintilla without any modifications so it is
preferable if this is added to the upstream scintilla first.