[Geany] Patch for setting default scripting language in ASP

Ross McKay rosko at xxxxx
Thu Sep 24 10:16:35 UTC 2009

G'day,

I'm having to do a pile of work on some old ASP websites, always
VBScript, and it's getting quite annoying that the default scripting
language is JavaScript (I've *never* seen an ASP website written in
JavaScript!). So, here's a patch for setting the default scripting
language to VBScript (or Python). This excerpt from the patched
filetypes.xml says it all:

# default scripting language for ASP set to VBScript
# 0x000001 = JavaScript (or leave blank for default)
# 0x000002 = VBScript
# 0x000003 = Python
html_asp_default_language=0x000002

While I was in there, I added a couple of VBScript keywords too.

NB: my C is a bit rusty, and my knowledge of the Geany codebase is
almost non-existent, so I went for simple/works over best. Please feel
free to revise as necessary.

cheers,
Ross.
--
Ross McKay, Toronto, NSW Australia
"Let the laddie play wi the knife - he'll learn"