[Geany] search bar keybindings - Re: Thanks / Ideas

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Sep 16 11:47:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 4 Sep 2009 22:50:48 +1000
Andrew Janke <a.janke at gmail.com> wrote:

> And then of course F2 (by default) if you want to start doing
> something again.   Like Edd the one feature that I still miss in geany
> (being a vim die-hard) is search "like vim".

How is that different from search bar find?

> ie: I want to configure Ctrl-f   (and then perhaps Ctrl-Shift-f or
> something can invoke the find dialog) to allow me to enter stuff in
> the search bar. Once I press Enter I then want it to be as if F2 has
> been pressed for me so that I can merrily bash away with Ctrl-g and
> friends and type away while I am at it.

Pressing Enter searches again; if we focused the editor the user
couldn't keep pressing enter to move to the next match.

BTW I think we used to have some code to make Tab focus the editor from
the search/line bar, but it seems to have got lost now we have the
dynamic toolbar code.

Regards,
Nick