[Geany] geany in MS-wondows

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Sep 15 17:45:44 UTC 2009

On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 11:04:27 +0800, sh wrote:

>Dear All,
>
>I know how to use geany in Linux OS, and hers performance is
>excellent, now I try to use geany in wondows, I have download
>geany-0.18, and I have a Intel fortran compiler, but I'v no idea ahout
>how to use it , can some one tell me a brief steps how to combin them?

Basically, in the same way as on Linux:
open a Fortran file and then open the build settings dialog: Build->Set
Includes and Arguments
In this dialog you can enter the paths and executable names of the
compiler. It might be a good idea to add the paths to the compiler
executables to the global PATH environment variable, so in Geany you
just need to enter the executable names (you can add paths to the PATH
variable somewhere in the control panel).

>and sometimes I need to compiler some C programs, can you give me some
>suggestions which C compiler would be better
>(http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/) ?

I personally use gcc from the Mingw suite. It just works :).