[Geany] Change compiler output filename

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Sep 15 17:42:22 UTC 2009

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:41:28 +1000, Lex wrote:

>2009/9/12 Vinícius Massuchetto <viniciusandre at gmail.com>:
>> Oh, Sorry.
>>
>> F7 is the standard search (I changed to Ctrl+F).
>> I'm at home with version 0.18 now, so I saw the menu. Quite handy.
>>
>> At uni we can only use version 0.14 (Debian stable) I asked them to
>> install on laboratories, so the question is for this version
>> specifically.
>
>AFAICT 0.14 is the same, use the set arguments and includes dialog.
>The manual (show by help menu item)  explains substitutions in that
>dialog, %e substitutes for filename without extension which is what
>you would normally use as executable file name on Linux. (hence %e :-)

Just for the records, there was a problem with the build configuration
with existing configurations when upgrading from 0.13 or below to Geany
0.14 or above.
The easiest solution is, as Lex said, just to adjust the Build command
in the build settings dialog.

There is a related bug report with all the details: