[Geany] Problem on Windows opening Samba share

Bob Snyder bob.snyder at xxxxx
Tue Sep 8 16:37:39 UTC 2009

I am unable to open a shared file which is on a linux host from my
office Windows machine running Geacy 0.18. This apparently is a recent
change in behavior. I have been able to create and edit shared files
using earlier versions.

Here's what happens:

If I open an Explorer window showing the folder and the file, and drag
the file onto Geany, I get the message:

"Could not open file \nn.nn.nn.nn\sharename\filename (No such directory)"

Note the host IP address is preceded by a single backslash. If I use the
file open dialog and type in the path to the file, it will autocomplete
the filename correctly showing that it can see the file, but pressing
the Open button produces the same error message. Adding more leading
backslashes to the path does not help.

Thanks,

Bob S.