[Geany] Thanks / Ideas

Andrew Janke a.janke at xxxxx
Fri Sep 4 12:50:48 UTC 2009

>>> 0.18 on windows (work pc). ctrl+l and ctrl+f open new windows even if
>>> they are on the toolbar.
>>
>> You can configure the jump to search field hotkey at least, it's F7 here
>> (I can't remember whether it's default or I changed it).

And then of course F2 (by default) if you want to start doing
something again.   Like Edd the one feature that I still miss in geany
(being a vim die-hard) is search "like vim".

ie: I want to configure Ctrl-f   (and then perhaps Ctrl-Shift-f or
something can invoke the find dialog) to allow me to enter stuff in
the search bar. Once I press Enter I then want it to be as if F2 has
been pressed for me so that I can merrily bash away with Ctrl-g and
friends and type away while I am at it.

For now F7 <type> Enter <F2> has become a bit of a (strange) motor
pattern for me.

:)

--
Andrew Janke