[Geany] Thanks / Ideas

Thomas Martitiz s0523936 at xxxxx
Fri Sep 4 12:26:46 UTC 2009

Am 04.09.2009 14:20, schrieb Edd Barrett:
> Hi there,
>
> I saw an update to geany posted on the misc OpenBSD list and decided
> to try it out on my work desktop. As a long time vim user I was quite
> suprised that I actually really like this software! So I will start by
> saying thanks :)
>
> Here are some ideas I had:
> * Have the search box as a bar (like the firefox search bar), so as
> not to obscure the editor pane.
> * Same with "goto line".

On all my Geany installations, both are part of the toolbar. The left
text entry field is the search bar, the right is to go-to-line bar.

> * Provide a way to navigate the sidebar tabs and panes using only the
> keyboard. Yup, you can focus it, but how can I change tabs?

You can change the focus, as well as change tabs. For the first, you can
configure the hotkey, for the latter it's CTRL+page_up / CTRL+page_down
(not sure if those are configurable too).
> * Add an ISC license template.
> * Add a markers tab in the sidebar.

That would be fine. You can jump to markers with ctrl+, and ctrl+. but
from what I've noticed that doesn't work "cross-file" (which is very sad).
> All in all, keep it slim. One of the best things about geany (in my
> eyes), is that its very useful at about one quarter the weight of
> eclipse/netbeans :)
>
> Thanks

I love its leightweightness too :)

Best regards