[Geany] Compiling with -ggdb3 and -O0 options (was Re: How to invoke the Markdown lexer?)

Randy Kramer rhkramer at xxxxx
Wed Sep 2 23:02:12 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 05:44:34 pm Enrico Tröger wrote:
> >I'm afraid I'm going to learn more about configure--will send some
> >questions shortly. ;-)
>
> Lol.

;-)

I got my problem sorted--I wanted to compile the program with -ggdb3
and -O0 set, I finally found that I could do that with:

CFLAGS="-ggdb3 -O0" CXXFLAGS="-ggdb3 -O0" ./configure

It's maybe just a little messy because -g is passed twice
("-g -DGEANY_DEBUG -ggdb3 -O0"), but I don't think that causes any
problem.

Hopefully, I'll be stepping through LexMarkdown.cxx for awhile, without
bothering the list. ;-)

Randy Kramer