[Geany] How to invoke the Markdown lexer?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at xxxxx
Wed Sep 2 21:46:31 UTC 2009

On Wednesday 02 September 2009 01:36:52 pm Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Lol, you use the mailing as your personal scratchpad...hehe.

Sometimes--probably a bad habit.  Sometimes I just feel a need to
respond and don't know what to say atm ;-)

> >I very rarely start an app from the KDE menu--I almost always do it
> >from a konsole or the "Run Command" popup.  (Ignoring those that are
> >automatically (re-)started when I do a rare reboot.)  Those were the
> >only two ways I started geany.
>
> it's just a very wild guess but maybe you started Geany the one day,
> the globally installed, "old" Geany from the Debian repositories. The
> next day you booted your machine, the session started and also
> started Geany again from the last session. This day you installed the
> new version into /usr/local/, and the next day it started again
> automatically by your session. But when it starts from the session,
> the session manager probably stored the full path in its
> configuration, so the session manager started /usr/bin/geany for you
> instead
> of /usr/local/bin/geany.
>
> As I said, it's just a wild guess. I didn't use KDE for years and I
> don't know how its session manager works.

Sounds like a reasonable guess, but I don't reboot every day--I don't
think I rebooted since I installed geany--my uptime says I've been up
11 days, 20:57--well, I don't think I installed geany that long ago,
but maybe I did.

Still, (something for me to learn), I don't think when I start something
from konsole or from Command Run that KDE does anything tricky with it.

Someday it will all become clear--nothing I'm worried about for
now!  ;-)

Randy Kramer