[Geany] How to invoke the Markdown lexer?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Sep 2 17:41:59 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 22:20:22 +1000, Lex wrote:

>> Anyway, bottom line, the wrong executable was being run (which didn't
>> have Markdown as a menu choice.
>>
>> Sorry for the noise, but I guess I am wondering if the README for
>> geany shouldn't tell you where it is being installed.  (After 10
>> years of migration into Linux, there is still stuff that doesn't
>> make sense to me.)
>
>The manual does, and also mentions that binary distributions often
>install in /usr not /usr/local but maybe /usr/local can be added to
>README
>
>You can of course set the location of a geany you compile with
>./configure --prefix=/wherever/you/want

And nevertheless who you ran ./configure, at the end it prints the
prefix where it will install Geany. /usr/local is the default and is
displayed after finishing configure.

(Same goes for when you are using Waf.)