[Geany] How to invoke the Markdown lexer?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Sep 2 17:36:52 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 13:22:18 -0400, Randy wrote:

>Lex,
>
>Thanks for the reply! (including the explanations and suggestions.)
>
>Unfortunately, by the time I read this I had already purged the Debian
>installed copy of geany.  I did some experimenting afterwards, and
>learned some things, but have more to learn. ;-)
>
>No need to read or reply to the rest of this--it just sort of helps
>remind me of what I did and didn't try so far.

Lol, you use the mailing as your personal scratchpad...hehe.

>I very rarely start an app from the KDE menu--I almost always do it
>from a konsole or the "Run Command" popup.  (Ignoring those that are
>automatically (re-)started when I do a rare reboot.)  Those were the
>only two ways I started geany.

it's just a very wild guess but maybe you started Geany the one day,
the globally installed, "old" Geany from the Debian repositories. The
next day you booted your machine, the session started and also started
Geany again from the last session. This day you installed the new
version into /usr/local/, and the next day it started again
automatically by your session. But when it starts from the session, the
session manager probably stored the full path in its configuration, so
the session manager started /usr/bin/geany for you instead
of /usr/local/bin/geany.

As I said, it's just a wild guess. I didn't use KDE for years and I
don't know how its session manager works.