[Geany] Can I use own folding marks?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Sep 2 17:28:55 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2 Sep 2009 07:26:52 +0200, Joerg wrote:

>On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 19:01:16 +0100
>Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:
>
>> Geany doesn't support Scintilla's property names at all, but has its
>> own filetype-specific settings, some of which may be similar - but in
>> this case, the //{ user folding strings should just work for C/C++
>> files - or it does here anyway. There is no setting.
>
>Thanks. It works! Even if an comment is following the opening mark.
>Great.
>
>Nevertheless it would make much more sense, if Scintilla move the code
>for folding marks out of the lexxer. I personally use folding marks for

I guess there is a reason why folding code is lexer-specific in
Scintilla. The languages which are handled by the various lexers
are quite different.
The most obvious example where it wouldn't work is Python. There are no
brackets at all to define blocks.

But this is mostly a Scintilla topic and should be discussed there.