[Geany] OT: How to get shorter lines in the Geany manual?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Sep 1 20:56:28 UTC 2009

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 16:01:59 -0400, Randy wrote:

>On Tuesday 01 September 2009 02:23:39 pm Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> Well, I completely understand your issue. And basically I tend to
>> agree that a fixed width is not good. OTOH I just like the reduced
>> width as it does read better for me on my widescreen (as already
>> pointed out). But yes, not everybody has a widescreen, not everybody
>> likes tiny fonts as I do and so on.
>>
>> So, maybe we should indeed remove the fixed width to make it easier
>> for most users to read.
>
>Lex made/found a suggestion to change the line:
>		width: 60em;
>to:
>		max-width: 60em;
>
>And that seems to work well for me and for him--if it works for you,
>that seems to be a good solution.  (I haven't spent much time testing
>it, but it's hard to imagine what could go wrong...bad move, hunh ;-)

Oops, I was too slow.
I replied about this in the other mail, sorry for the confusion.
Still, Lex' suggestion is great and as I said, I also don't see a
reason why we shouldn't it.