[Geany] OT: How to get shorter lines in the Geany manual?

Randy Kramer rhkramer at xxxxx
Tue Sep 1 20:01:59 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 01 September 2009 02:23:39 pm Enrico Tröger wrote:
> Well, I completely understand your issue. And basically I tend to
> agree that a fixed width is not good. OTOH I just like the reduced
> width as it does read better for me on my widescreen (as already
> pointed out). But yes, not everybody has a widescreen, not everybody
> likes tiny fonts as I do and so on.
>
> So, maybe we should indeed remove the fixed width to make it easier
> for most users to read.

Lex made/found a suggestion to change the line:
		width: 60em;
to:
		max-width: 60em;

And that seems to work well for me and for him--if it works for you,
that seems to be a good solution.  (I haven't spent much time testing
it, but it's hard to imagine what could go wrong...bad move, hunh ;-)

Randy Kramer