[Geany] Can I use own folding marks?

Joerg Desch jd.vvd at xxxxx
Tue Sep 1 09:21:03 UTC 2009

Hi Randy.

On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:52:56 -0400
Randy Kramer <rhkramer at gmail.com> wrote:

> You can revise or write a new lexer for Scintilla that handles those
> marks, or you can use the alternatives already defined in the C/C++
> lexer for Scintilla, which are:
>
> For opening:
>
> //{
>
> and, for closing:
>
> //}

OK. I assume there is no option to configure this?

> These don't work out of the box in Scintilla, you must set a specific
> property to make them work--let me see if I can find that...ahh,
> yes--you need to set the property "fold.comment=1" in a property file.

Is this a property which is available in the geany configuration files?
Or do you mean a function call?

> I'm almost sure these work only for C/C++ languages, specifically those
> lexed by the LexCPP.cxx lexer.

Hard to believe that this feature is implemented in the lexer. Most
languages have single line comments, so it should be easy implements
foldings marks for all languages. But this is only a thought.

Nevertheless, thanks for your answer.

--
Email: Joerg Desch <jd DOT vvd AT web DOT de>