[Geany] [SPAM] Re: Geany not getting focus on kubuntu

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Oct 2 11:36:07 UTC 2009

2009/10/2 Christoph Siefer <siefer at sym.net>:
> Randy Kramer wrote:
>>
>> On Thursday 01 October 2009 07:45:09 pm Lex Trotman wrote:
>>
>> http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Wikilearn/SetFocusStealingPreventionPerWindowKDE3dot5
>
> Funny, but the behaviour on my Gnome 2.26.1 with Geany 16 (for Geany I
> prefer to skip the "0." ;)) is exactly as described by Dominik. Any hints
> where to setup window props in Gnome?

My Gnome does pop Geany to the front when I open another file in
Geany.  Looking in Gnome configuration I can't see any setting for why
it works.  But at least you know it can be done :-)

PS There is a metacity (the WM for Gnome) setting called raise on
click that notes that if its off it will ignore raise requests from
programs.  You could check that this is set.