[Geany] Java - package

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sat Nov 28 12:00:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 20:28:14 +0530, R.Siddharth wrote:

>I had posted prior to this about not being able to run java .class
>files in geany when I include package name for that .class file  , I
>seem to have figured what the problem is - while executing i.e running
>a .class java file it is required to provide the full name of
>the .class file - include the package hierarchy before the .class file
>name in the argument of the 'java' command .
>
>So if I have to execute the java .class file named SampleProgram and
>this file exists in a package called 'myfirstprograms' ,then I got to
>type this under the 'Execute' box in the 'Set Includes and Arguments '
>Dialog box .
>
>It should look something like this :
>---------------
>Execute : java myfirstprograms."%e"
>----------
>
>As its obvious I might be running java .class files from different
>packages and It could become tedious for me to change the package name
>every time I switch between packages . This leads me to ask for your
>valuable help - Is there any special character set which can substitute
>for the .class's package name like "%e" substitutes for the name of
>the .class's file name ?

Not sure. I don't know Java very well and the package stuff was always
confusing to me. The current SVN version has an improved build system
which is much more flexible than before and probably could help you
reaching your goal. It supports now also %d for the directory of the
current file and %p for the project base directory

Otherwise maybe you can just use a simple shell script which you use as
run command and pass it the .class' filename and let the shell script
do some magic to get the right path.