[Geany] Japanese encodings

Yo Sato yosato16 at xxxxx
Sat Nov 28 10:55:35 UTC 2009

Hi all

This may be taken as some sort of bug report... but I wanted to share
this with other users first in case I am doing something silly.

I like geany but now I am starting to share Japanese files with others
and am getting encoding problems.

It doesn't seem to identify typical Japanese encodings, EUC-JP, Shift-JIS
or CP932 and the files get garbled when opened. Then there seems to be no
way to display them either, even if you switch the encoding to the right
one. So far no success of any Japanese file (except Unicode encodings),
and I still don't see any point having encoding switchers...

I wonder if anybody has the same experience and there's any way to get
around the problem!

Yo