[Geany] lua filetype: highlight func def name

spir denis.spir at xxxxx
Thu Nov 12 09:29:36 UTC 2009

hello,

cannot find how to highlight a func name in a func definition. (There is no attribute in standard filetype.lua -- function_basic and function_other are for builtin or stdlib func names). Tried to specifiy "functionname", "funcname", defname", but none worked.

I know there is an issue because in lua a func can be defined either
    function funcname(args) block end
or
    funcname = function(args) block end
The second form may be problematic, but the first one is the same as in other common scripting languages. Would it be possible to add this attribute? I guess the pattern could be the same as for python, only replacing "def" by "function".

Also, it would be nice to have a style attribute for multilne strings and multiline comments. (And I don't understand the difference between "string" and "literalstring" attributes.)

A little issue: when editing filetypes files themselves, they are highlighted like source files because of their extension (eg filetype.lua) --which is a bit disturbing ;-). Maybe a better scheme could be to name these config files langname.cfg (eg lua.cfg).
For upgrading, the only thing to do is renaming filetype.x to x.cfg. Can be automatic.

Denis
------
la vita e estrany