[Geany] Can I use Code Folding before specifying the file type?

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Nov 12 02:51:48 UTC 2009

Hi,

Geany decides the possible fold points by parsing the file.  To do
this it needs to know the filetype to know how to parse the file.  So
if you have no filetype you can't use folding.

Pure text files (.txt) have no filetype because they do not contain any syntax.