[Geany] Find in Files request

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Nov 11 19:56:45 UTC 2009

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 09:03:30 -0800, Bob wrote:

>I use Geany a lot for maintaining fairly large projects (~25k LOC) and
>spend a lot of time using "Go to Tag Definition", "Find Document
>Usage", etc. from the editor context menu. Of course, very often the
>tag isn't found because the file that is needed hasn't been loaded
>yet. So the next step is a "Find in Files" search through maybe up to
>50 files or so. This seems to be a very natural way of working.
>
>So could the "Find in Files" function be located in the editor context
>menu along with the other Find and Go to choices? I'm not suggesting
>that it be moved from the Search pull-down menu, just an alternate way
>of getting to it. These functions are all logically related especially
>for this kind of work.

Obviously, technically it's not a big deal at all.
Though adding items to the editor menu always was a delicate topic,
especially in the lower section around the Find buttons :).

The existing keybinding for Find in Files isn't enough? Just
double-click on the word or just place the cursor within the word and
hit the keybinding.