[Geany] Issues adding a new filetype

Yannis Mazzer yannis.mazzer at xxxxx
Tue Nov 10 16:25:59 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,
I'm using an unusual language at work called NesC, it's a C-based,
event-driven language for micro-controller programming.

Some months ago I made everything necessary to have syntax highlighting
for this language in Geany and it worked. But sadly I lost the changes
in a hard-drive crash, and now I'm trying to re-add this syntax
highlighting.

Anyway I'm having some trouble adding this filetype using the Cpp Lexer.
I figured out that there is no --generate-data-files option anymore and
that I had to edit the filetype_extension.conf. But I don't have syntax
highlighting, not only for NesC, but for all languages supported by
geany. I'm using the current development version, and it seems there is
a bug since when I revert my changes and compile, I can't get the syntax
highlighting.

Since I'm not an active geany developper and that I don't know the code
perfectly, I'm asking you for advices.

Thanks,
Yannis Mazzer